Class Instructor: Todd Curtis, Senior Pastor »
Class Grade Level(s) Offered: 9th-12th grade
Credit Hours: 2
Class Day(s): Monday and Wednesday
Class Period(s): Fourth Period A 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Questions? Contact Instructor
Minimum Number of Students: 4
Maximum Number of Students: 15
For 10th grade and above, this class will be offered as a dual credit course through Maranatha Baptist University.
This is a survey of the books of the New Testament with emphasis given to the doctrine, historical structure, and appropriate aspects of a dispensational hermeneutic , demonstrating the integrity, purpose, unity, and cohesiveness of the entire Testament.
- To provide a foundation for future New Testament studies.
- To provide a basic understanding of the history, background, and chronology of the New Testament.
- To develop a passion for the personal study of the Word of God that extends throughout life.
- That each student grasps more of the greatest commandment to “Love the Lord our God with all of our heart.”
- To stress that the ultimate aim of Bible study is NOT an informed intellect but a transformed personality.
Encountering the New Testament: A Historical and Theological Survey, 3rd edition by Walter A. Elwell and Robert W. Yarbrough